STRONGSVILL, OH – (BUSINESS WIRING) – The Union Home Mortgage Foundation, a charitable organization whose mission is to provide families with the tools and resources to achieve economic self-sufficiency, has announced its grant recipients for the second quarter of 2021. The list includes five recipients from three states. and includes a new non-profit partner.
Through this cycle, the Foundation supports organizations that make important contributions to community development in financial literacy, community development, and education in Ohio, Pennsylvania and South Carolina. Grants totaling $ 25,000 will help these organizations develop permanent solutions to improve the lives of those families and individuals who have access to these services. The UHM Foundation is delighted to partner with Soteria for the first time in 2021.
“We are very proud to partner with these incredible organizations that help maintain the social, emotional and financial well-being of families in their respected communities,” said Bill Cosgrove, President and CEO of Union Home Mortgage and chairman of the foundation. “At UHM, we believe in the power of the community and look forward to continuing this commitment with these donations and support whenever and wherever possible.”
The recipients of the grant in the second quarter of 2021 are:
- Greater Cleveland reach out and read – $ 5,000 to support its core physician and nursing education program integrating literacy education as a standard component of primary health care with participating clinics in the area. Children receive free books on medical examinations from infancy to five years old.
- Empowering and Strengthening the Ohio People (ESOP) – USD 5,000 for financial well-being and housing stability services for low- and middle-income residents.
- Youngstown Area Development Corporation (YNDC) – $ 5,000 to fund the Community Financial Empowerment Initiative, a program that provides one-to-one financial advice to help identify barriers to obtaining and maintaining affordable housing, including inadequate savings, credit history, and knowledge of the homeownership / rent process.
- Sparrow house – $ 5,000 to support eviction prevention services for over 1,000 women and mothers annually in Chester County through financial literacy, access to trauma services, emergency funds, employment resources, and more.
Greenville, South Carolina
- Soteria Community Development Corporation – $ 5,000 to cover the operating costs of Soteria House, a housing support program for those who leave the criminal justice system, providing comprehensive services including health care, job training, family reunification, financial literacy and legal services.
“We are very proud to partner with these organizations that strategically work to improve the financial health of families in our communities,” said Christina Fagan, Executive Director of the Foundation. “In doing so, we are creating stronger communities, healthier economies and a better world for all of us.”
Since its inception, the Foundation has distributed over $ 1,000,000 in financial support to nonprofit organizations in 14 states. For more information on the Union Home Mortgage Foundation, visit the website www.uhmfoundation.org, call 440.536.3496 or write firstname.lastname@example.org…
About Union Home Mortgage Foundation
The Union Home Mortgage Foundation was founded in 2015 as the charitable arm of the independent mortgage banking company Union Home Mortgage Corp (UHM). The Foundation’s mission is to equip individuals and families with the tools and resources to achieve economic self-sufficiency, in particular through education, career readiness, financial literacy and housing. Since its inception, the Foundation has committed more than $ 1 million to these programs to help families get on the road to responsible home ownership. Union Home Mortgage Corp is a fast-growing full-service retail, wholesale, retail and direct consumer lending company with more than 150 US subsidiaries and responsible lending worth more than $ 13 billion annually. To learn more about Union Home Mortgage and their community efforts, visit https://www.uhm.com/…