Awards keep piling up as Roseville moves into the future
Roseville, California – Not a word about that. Roseville continues to be a desirable place for people to live. And this can be seen on the new website WalletHub.com List of Top Real Estate Markets of 2021…
Roseville was ranked 9th in the country and 3rd in cities with populations less than 150,000. Roseville is the only city in the Capitol Region to rank in the top 30 cities of all rankings and the top 130 cities in our size or smaller. Roseville would rank 6th in the list of cities with a population of 150-300 thousand people.
In a separate National Community Survey, published earlier in 2021, Roseville residents rated their life satisfaction in Roseville among the highest in the country in several key areas, including housing, utilities, urban services, and economic health.
WalletHub.com compared 300 cities on two key dimensions: Real Estate Market and Affordability and Economic Environment. They assessed these metrics using 18 relevant metrics listed below, and then weighted each city’s weighted average across all metrics to calculate its overall score and ranking.
Real estate market
- Home value forecast
- Average home value increase
- Median days on the market
- Share of a seriously underwater mortgage
- Ratio of rental price to sale price
- Foreclosure rate
- Share of persons who are overdue on mortgage debt
- Vacancy rate
- Share of young houses (residential buildings built between 2010 and 2019)
- Construction and permitting activities
Affordability and economic environment
- WalletHub: “The fastest recovering states from COVID-19”
- Housing affordability
- Service availability
- Population growth rate
- Job growth rates
- Unemployment rate
- Part-time employment rate
- Average credit rating
Find WalletHub’s the entire rating of cities here…
Moving to Roseville and Placer County?