This year is full of financial surprises. For example, unusual hot housing market shows few signs of cooling. And as the global pandemic continues to rage, there is a shortage of new and used cars due to a shortage of electronic chips.
Despite minor financial turmoil, auto loan company Ally is enjoying a successful year, making decisions on nearly 7 million loan applications according to its income statement. Ally reported more than $ 4 billion in adjusted net revenue in mid-year. Ellie has long been known for her personal loansbut strong demand for new cars has drawn attention to car loans.
What is driving this upswing in Ellie’s business and should you apply for a car loan from a growing company? Here we take a look at the good, bad and ugly characteristics of Ally car loans.
One email a day can save you thousands
Expert tips and tricks delivered straight to your inbox can save you thousands of dollars. Register now to get free access to our personal finance training course.
By submitting your email address, you agree that we will send you monetary tips along with products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe at any time. Please read our Privacy statement and Terms and Conditions…
One of the ways Ally is growing so rapidly is by using artificial intelligence software to validate borrowers’ documents and data in real time. This software allows Ally to quickly verify the identity, employment, income and other information about the applicant, and also allows the lender to quickly inform the applicant of the decision.
Ally offers flat rate auto loans ranging from $ 1,000 to $ 300,000 for 12 to 84 months. While Ally doesn’t set a specific minimum credit rating, anecdotes show that a minimum score of 620 is usually required.
Here are some of the most attractive lending opportunities that Ally has to offer:
- Borrowers can build into their new vehicle the cost of wheelchair lifts and other mobility aids.
- The company is financing the installation of a right-hand drive.
- It is possible to get an interest-free manufacturer’s promotion loan with a zero annual interest rate due to the large number of car manufacturers Ellie works with.
- An ally will refinance a loan on cars under 10 years old.
Few companies are good or bad, and Ally is no exception. Here are some of the less attractive features of Ally car loans:
- Ally Car Loans are only available through selected dealerships.
- Ally is an online bankso it does not offer personal banking services. This may not bother everyone, but it is an important consideration for those who prefer personalized service.
- Ally Car Loans cannot be used to pay for vehicles over 10 years of age or over 120,000 miles.
- It is difficult to repay Ally’s car loan early as the lender does not accept payments only on the principal.
- For those looking for a low credit car loan, other lenders may offer more competitive rates.
While reviews should be treated with a grain of salt (usually the most dissatisfied customers take the time to write reviews), online comments regarding Ally car loans are quite harsh. The most significant number of complaints are related to customer service. Aside from unreasonable late fees and payment confusion, poor communication from Ally’s support team is a frequent topic of discussion.
However, if you rate the store for Auto loan, keep in mind Ellie. Their loan flexibility and ease of application may be right for you.
Applying for Ally Auto Funding
If you are in the habit of calling your local bank for a car loan, or checking the online lender with the lowest rates, applying for a loan through Ally will be a little different. Here’s how to do it:
- Contact several lenders to compare offers and choose the best option.
- Use an ally dealer locator tool find a dealership.
- Gather the documents you will need to submit, including photo ID, proof of income, and banking information.
- Visit the dealer and if you find a car you like, send it for a test drive.
- Fill out a loan application at the dealership and let them also look for lenders. Let them know you want to view Ally’s offer.
- Compare Ally’s offer with the offer you received before purchasing your vehicle. If this is the best way, it might be the best choice for you.
No lender offers a one-stop loan product. Ally Car Loans are worth considering if the interest rate and loan term suits your needs.