Christy Woodford | Holistic Home Group
When it comes to selling your home, one of the most important decisions you will make is the real estate agent you choose to represent you throughout the entire transaction. The process of selling a home includes numerous forms, legally binding contracts, large sums of money, and customs and protocols that can vary from state to state and region to region. This can be confusing, to put it mildly.
Choosing the right agent for you is of the utmost importance. How to choose? Does an agent have to be a friend? Should they be visible in the community through personal promotion? Should they have the most experience? Should they sell the most homes? Should you get a recommendation from a friend? The answer is that none of these considerations should guide your choice.
I recommend asking some, if not all of the following questions to any agent you are considering, even a friend or advisor from a trusted source.
- What do you think sets my / our home apart from others and how will this affect the way you promote it?
- In what ways will you sell my home after it is listed for sale?
- How will you inform me after you place your house?
- What is your negotiating philosophy?
- How to determine the best pricing strategy?
- Can you give me examples where you sold property for much more than other agents thought possible?
- What are the pros and cons of open houses?
- What sets you and your company apart from the competition?
- Are you focused on selling more homes or selling homes for a higher price?
- Do you provide recommendations for staging, and if so, how much do you charge for this service?
Before you start interviewing agents, write down your goals. What are your goals when selling a home? What is the most important goal? Sell fast? Earning the Highest Dollar? Not selling until you get an offer for your next home?
What do you expect from an agent? How often do you want them to communicate with you? Do you expect them to have an open house? If so, how often do you expect it? It is just as important to be clear about what you need and what you want, as it is to get to know any agent you are considering.
Once you know you want to sell your home, get ready to take action. To learn more about how to prepare and choose an agent, ask us free guide for home sellers by sending us a message via our website… And, as always, you can contact me directly at 360-508-2800 or email@example.com…
Christy Woodford is the CEO of Holistic Home Group, part of Keller Williams South Sound. She has over a decade of experience as a residential real estate broker in Thurston County and leads a team of realtors with experience working with local buyers and sellers.