As the market rises to insane levels and the constant struggle with multiple offerings becomes frustrating for both agents and clients, your level of professionalism can create a competitive advantage for your clients.
In any competitive situation, how you make an employee feel can make a huge difference to your win rate. This, along with proven strategies, will help you succeed in any market. Yes, you still need a great offer, but all things being equal, what can you do to differentiate yourself from the group of offering agents? Having a list of useful strategies and tools, such as the one included in the 120-day listing, is just the first step.
Here are some of the best practices you can apply to help you stand out from the crowd:
1. Find out what’s important to the seller. Ask the listing agent if there is anything like leaseback, quick closure, or anything else you can do to present an offer that is more likely to be selected.
2. Submit a complete proposal. This means reading notes, instructions, exceptions, and anything else that needs to be provided as part of your MLS offering.
3. Call your lender. If your proposal is funded, your loan officer should call and email to confirm the borrower’s qualifications.
4. Communicate with empathy. As long as you’re in the corner with your client, that doesn’t mean you can’t put yourself in the shoes of another agent. Let’s help each other with kindness and professionalism.
5. Collaborate. We are called collaborating agents for a reason. There is nothing worse than an agent who unnecessarily creates friction in a transaction.
These methods may seem straightforward to the outsider, but add to that a market that’s on fire, customers who may not understand your commitments outside of work, and all the other stressors you face, and it’s easy to throw it all out the window to get the job done. …
If we are honest with each other, then we have probably all been in a situation where we tried another agent or loan officer based on past experience. If you want to stand out, maintaining your professionalism and trying your best to present more than just a great offer can pay dividends for you.
Being a competent, caring professional will not only allow you to immediately achieve success for your clients, but also build a reputation that will help you succeed as the agent that other agents want to work with. If you would like a quick summary of the simple tools and strategies of the 120 Day Listing Contest, please contact us. firstname.lastname@example.org get your e-book today.
Chance Brown is a broker / owner of CB&A, REALTORS® in Houston, Texas. Brown was REALTOR of the Year in Houston in 2017 and is a valued client Worker success systems, a real estate coaching company.