Financial Aid – College of New England




Do I have to wait for my tax return to complete the FAFSA?
There is no need to wait. You can file a FAFSA with estimates and update it after taxes. We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. After entering the actual tax data, you can receive the adjusted financial aid amount.

Do I need to be enrolled before I can apply for Financial Aid to New England College?
You can apply for financial assistance anytime after October 1st. You must be admitted to the College of New England degree program to actually receive funds.

What is a New England College FAFSA code?
The school code for New England College is 002579.

What do I need to do to apply for financial assistance?
To complete Free App for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

What is NEC’s priority deadline for applying for financial assistance?
Our priority deadline is March 1st.

I cannot claim help. Should I still ask for help?
Yes. Many families mistakenly think they are not eligible for assistance, and there are sources of assistance such as the unsubsidized Stafford loan and PLUS loan that are available regardless of need. We encourage everyone to apply.

Do I have to reapply for Financial Assistance every year?
Yes, the FAFSA must be renewed annually. Your federal, state, and New England college aid is determined annually. Merit Scholarships are awarded renewable if students meet the minimum requirements for the award.

What are the billing deadlines for each semester?
Fall semester billing deadline July 15… Spring semester billing deadline: December 15th… If you have any more questions, please ask. We understand the process and are ready to help.

What is financial aid?
Financial aid is the term used for all types of college tuition assistance. Financial aid includes grants, scholarships, loans and studies. Financial aid comes from a variety of sources such as the Federal Government, New England College, states, and private organizations.

How do I apply for financial assistance?
U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens file a Free Federal Student Aid Application (FAFSA) at:… International students / non-US citizens (only) submit a CSS profile to

When will I receive the Financial Assistance Letter?
Students who have already filed a FAFSA and have been admitted to the NEC will receive an award letter or request for additional information approximately 1-2 weeks after the FAFSA is filed.

How do I accept the financial assistance listed in the award letter?
If you need to submit additional documents, you will receive an email from New England College Student Financial Services asking for documentation. You can also view your requirements online through MYNEC. link to this pageas soon as you have the MYNEC login. If you are getting a federal direct student loan, you will fill out a basic direct loan promissory note and an introductory consultation at any time from May 1 to June 15. Please review and respond to requests in a timely manner.

When is the first tuition fee due?
The Fall Semester Invoice is mailed and made available online through MYNEC on June 15th. The fall semester bill must be paid by July 15th. Spring semester bills must be paid by December 15th.

What does the $ 300 deposit cover?
Half of the deposit ($ 150) will be included in the fall semester invoice. The remainder ($ 150) is held in reserve until the last semester of enrollment.

There is a gap between my tuition fees and financial assistance. How can I cover this cost?
Several options are available. We suggest using a combination of options. Payment can be made by check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express over the phone or online at MyNEC. An interest-free payment plan is available on the MyNEC portal. Funding is available through the Federal Parent PLUS Loan Program at studentaid.govand through private banks. Our staff can help you find the best option (s) for you and your family. Parents can apply for a Parent PLUS Loan at after April 15th every year.

Can financial assistance cover the cost of books and supplies?
If you have an approved loan that exceeds your tuition bill and if you selected YES on your loan authorization form to use funds for other expenses, you will have a book voucher automatically available from the online bookstore about two weeks before and during the first week of the semester. Book vouchers can be used to buy or rent textbooks from

New and used textbooks, as well as digital and rented versions, are available from the NEC Online Bookstore. Visit for more information. Textbooks must be purchased by the first week of class.

How do I apply for additional assistance?
Parents of FAFSA dependent students can apply for the Federal Parent PLUS Loan program anytime after April 15 at Information about the PLUS Loan program is available on the website

How to opt out of health insurance?
All full-time undergraduate students must make arrangements prior to the fall semester to either register or opt out of student health insurance. Those who do not take action by the deadline, are not eligible to refuse, or whose refusal is denied, will automatically be credited to health insurance, and the contributions will remain in the student’s account. New England College requires all enrolled full-time students to have health insurance that provides in-network coverage in the Henniker, NH College area (there must be no out-of-state Medicaid or out-of-state HMO), this must be based in the US and meets all federal directives PPACA. IN

What is the deadline for canceling health insurance?
Cancellations must be made prior to the start of the semester at It opens on June 15th every year. International students are not eligible to opt out of insurance coverage.

Our Parent PLUS loan was denied. Do we have any other options?
Yes! The parent can add the endorser (co-signer) to the Parent PLUS loan application at or they can appeal the denial by calling 1-800-557-7394.

Can My New England College Scholarship Be Renewed?
Yes! You may be eligible for an NEC Scholarship for all four years, provided you meet the requirements for satisfactory academic performance and continue to study full-time. (The complete SAP policy is available in the college directory.)

How can we protect our investment?
We recommend enrolling in the GradGuard Student Protection Plan. This tuition reimbursement insurance program provides 100% reimbursement for medical benefits, emergency roadside assistance, cell phone damage protection and other benefits. Program enrollment information will be sent along with your tuition invoice in June.

We still have many questions / concerns about financial aid. Who can help us?
Contact the student financial services office. Our staff is here to help you navigate this important investment. We will be happy to meet in person, talk by phone or email, so that you will receive answers to all your questions. You can contact us by phone 603.428.2226 or


Source link