While we were waiting for the flurry of transfer moves that were expected from the main team, the Arsenal academy wasted no time. The club quickly confirmed that five players are leaving regular moves before finding great season loans for two of the academy. the best talents of Daniel Ballard and Matt Smith… Then the news came that goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo moved up to the first team as the third goalkeeper.
Arsenal confirmed two more leases on Monday as they continue to provide the next group of young players with minutes in the U23. For one player, this likely marks the end of his time at the club, while the other is an interesting option for a striker who passes his first test at the senior level.
This fall, Moller joined Arsenal U23 from Malmö Academy, where he was nicknamed “The Next Zlatan”. Despite arriving late into the season, Nikolai has scored eight goals and three assists in 20 games, including four goals in his first seven matches and scored in both of Arsenal’s last two matches, securing his place in the Premier. league 2.
Now the club wants to gain a high level of experience with Moller, having hired Victoria Cologne in the third division of Germany for the season. They finished 12th in the division last season, but this looks like a great opportunity to test Nikolai in Germany and assess his level ahead of Arsenal in 2022-23.
Be sure to check Nikolai’s profile in Young Gun which was recently published on the Arsenal website.
Despite joining Arsenal’s academy in 2012, Dejan never insisted on a role in the ranks of the goalkeepers of the Gunner’s first team. He had a streak of credits across Europe and many appearances for the U23 team, which was highlighted by winning the title with that team in the 2017/18 season. But always behind Matt Macy, who has since left the club, Iliev will now be spending the final year of his contract in a familiar place. This will be his second job at SKF Sered. in Slovakia is a Super League and will possibly lead to permanent relocation there.
Academy Summer Transfer Market Overview:
- Daniel Oyegoke – Brentford (Premier League), permanent relocation.
- Zeh Medley – Ostend (Belgian First Division), permanent move.
- Trey Coyle – FC Lausanne-Sport (Swiss Super League), permanent relocation.
- Mark McGuinness – Cardiff City (Championship), permanent relocation.
- Ben Schiff – Coventry City (Championship), permanent relocation.
- Daniel Ballard – Millwall (Championship), rent for the whole season.
- Matt smith – Doncaster Rovers (First League), lease for the whole season.
- Nikolay Moller – Victoria Cologne (3rd League of Germany), rental for the whole season.
- Deyan Iliev – SKF Sered (Slovakia Super League), rental for the whole season.
While Iliev is not expected to ever play a role in Arsenal’s main team, Moller will definitely be someone to watch over the next few seasons.