If you want your real estate website to attract visitors and generate leads, you need to improve it regularly. Here are five things you can work on now to improve search engine optimization (SEO) and increase traffic to your site.
1. Make your real estate website mobile friendly. Now more than ever, property buyers are looking for properties on their mobile devices. What’s more, Google changed its algorithm to rank mobile-friendly sites higher than non-mobile sites. As a real estate agent today, you simply cannot afford to have a website that is not optimized for mobile use. Check your website regularly on your phone to make sure images and text are in the correct proportions.
2. Focus on local key phrases. Building a website is one thing, but you need to focus on keywords if you want to capitalize on the traffic opportunities. For example, most home buyers start their home searches with a local keyword phrase such as “Springfield real estate agent.” Make sure your website is optimized for search terms such as Springfield Real Estate, Springfield Homes for Sale, Springfield Real Estate Listings, Springfield REALTOR®, etc. These words should appear on your website pages in order. to drive more traffic.
3. Blog regularly on your real estate website. If you want to stand out from other agents in your market, high quality real estate blog content is one way to do it. You will become an SEO darling if you create consistent, comprehensive, and compelling content. Plus, it will keep your readers coming back for more information.
4. Showcase your most recent articles. As with homepage photos, you need to post fresh content regularly. Remember to regularly post new blog posts on your home page. Visitors who come back to your site after reading something a few weeks earlier will expect new content. If you don’t provide them with regular articles, market updates, and other interesting content, they’ll move on to finding another agent to do it.
5. Include testimonials and reviews. About 88% of consumers read online reviews and trust them as much as a personal recommendation. If you want to improve traffic to your real estate website, make sure testimonials and reviews are visible components of your website. This can be written reviews and testimonials from your clients, case studies of those clients, and even video interviews.
With an optimized website, you will not only make it easier for potential customers to find you, but also increase the chances of getting and keeping their business.
McKissock Learning is part of the Colibri Real Estate family of leading education brands, helping real estate professionals achieve sustainable success at every stage of their careers through continuing education and training. Find out more at mckissock.com/real-estate…